Last Updated on: 22nd June 2016, 01:17 pm
The Ottawa Student Transportation Authority is undergoing a transformation in order to meet the Ministry’s Efficiency and Effectiveness goals (see E&E Leading Practices Guideline). The key elements that lead to routing efficiency are as follows:
1. One set of walk zone maps using the same distance measurement for both school boards, and which include standardized walking hazards (see Transportation Eligibility Policy and Procedure).
2. Establishing school bell times that allow each bus to service up to 3 schools or 3 runs within geographical areas, whenever possible and regardless of school board.
3. Reducing the number of kilometers run by and paid to Operators.
OSTA recently presented a report to the OCDSB and OCSB Boards of Trustees outlining proposed bell time changes for schools across the system.
1. Please put the school name in the subject line
2. Include your name, and any other contact information
3. Include as many details as possible as to why OSTA cannot/should not change the bell time. For example, rather than saying ” I can’t make my bus”, include information like your bus number, the time it departs and how this impacts your ability to get to work.
Thank you in advance for your feedback. It is essential in balancing the need for efficient and effective transportation, with the other needs of each school community.