Local carries are currently searching for new drivers who are looking for part-time work that includes morning and afternoon routes, as well as charter and field trip opportunities.
Stay-at-home parents, bring your little ones to work with you!
Retirees, get out of the house!
New to the Ottawa workforce? Build skills and experience.
• FREE TRAINING
• COMPETITIVE WAGES ($15-$20/hour)
• Flexible hours
• Take your kids to work
• Park-outs available
• Nights and Weekends Off
• Freedom of being out on the open road (No desk work!)
• Ministry Bonus and other benefits
• Making a real difference in the lives of the families and children in the Ottawa area
* PPE is provided to all drivers to ensure proper respiratory and hygiene safety.
You’ll be responsible for:
• Safely transporting students to/ from school and activities on time
• Performing pre/post trip vehicle inspections to ensure optimal vehicle safety
• Ensuring students’ safety while boarding and exiting buses and crossing streets
• Attending paid monthly in-service safety training
To qualify, you will:
• Meet the minimum age requirements to hold a school bus driver’s license in your province (and company standard minimum 21 years of age).
• Have at least 3 years of driving experience (at least 1 in North America).
• Hold a valid (non-probationary) driver’s license and a very good driving record.
• Undergo & pass a Ministry prescribed Medical examination, criminal record search, vulnerable sector clearance and other background checks.
Local carriers are equal opportunity employers that welcomes a diverse workforce. Applications are encouraged from women, persons with a disability, and members of a visible minority.
No previous experience is required, although it is beneficial.
To apply, contact one of the carriers below or fill out our online form and we will put you in contact with one of the local carriers.
You CAN make a difference!
|417 Bus Lines||Yellow and Wheelchair Bus||www.417busline.com||613-764-2192||East|
|DC Bus Lines||Van||613-831-9888||West of Rideau River|
|Direct Transportation||Wheelchair bus and Van||613-749-0660||East of Rideau river, Nepean|
|First Student||Yellow Bus||Charlene.firstname.lastname@example.org||437-777-6735||Centretown|
|ML Bradley||Yellow Bus||www.mlbradley.com/careers||613-835-2488||East|
|Premier Bus Lines||Yellow Bus||www.premierbuslines.ca/||613-253-8863||Central, Nepean|
|Roxborough Bus Lines||Yellow Bus and Van||www.roxborough.com/careers||613-821-1414||Nepean, south, east|
|Voyago||Yellow and Wheelchair Bus||www.vworx.ca||613-836-0502||West|