Last Updated on: 19th May 2023, 01:03 pm
Position: Transportation Assistant (1 Regular)
Location: Ottawa Student Transportation Authority, 1547 Merivale Road, Suite 300
Work Schedule: 35 hours per week/12 months per year (overtime during peak periods)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary Range: $43,241 to $55,242
The Ottawa Student Transportation Authority (OSTA) manages and delivers student transportation services safely, effectively and efficiently for the more than 68,000 students of the Ottawa Catholic and Ottawa-Carleton District School Boards receiving transportation services each day.
Under the direction of the Transportation Coordinator, the Transportation Assistant is responsible to support the planning and administration of transportation routes; however, the incumbent also conducts route and school site audits, hazard reviews and other outdoor-related activities. The Transportation Assistant also provides front-line telephone support services to parents/schools/operators and the general public, provides administrative support to the operations and activities of OSTA, and other related duties as assigned by the Transportation Coordinator.
• A Secondary School graduation diploma and 2 years related transportation experience.
• Effective telephone manner, and excellent communication skills.
• Demonstrated tact, judgment, and diplomacy in a high energy environment; and excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision and the ability to multitask effectively.
• Technical skills include proficiency using software including transportation, databases, spreadsheets, word-processing, and electronic mail; knowledge of provincial legislation related to student transportation and pertinent board and department policies; as well as excellent map reading skills and superior knowledge of zone routes, traffic patterns, and volume.
• Willingness to work flexible and extended hours to meet work demands during peak periods including evenings and weekends.
• Valid Ontario Class G driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle.
This is a unionized position. Applications will be considered in accordance with the collective agreement.
For more details, please download the full Job Description.
The Application deadline is Tuesday June 6, 2023.
Please email your cover letter and resume to:
Vicky Kyriaco, General Manager and Chief Administrative Officer
E-mail: [email protected] (in .doc or pdf format only)